Sunday, August 3, 2014

Back to School

       The teachers start back to school next week and I'm equally excited and terrified. I've read every book I've been told about from Fred Jones' Tools for Teaching to Lemov's Teach Like a Champion. I've talk to retired teachers and current teacher alike. I've listened to all of their advice and asked every question I could think of. I've never been more ready and not-ready for anything in all my life. I taught Summer School and took a three-week writing workshop. Let's do this.

      There are still several things I need to do to make myself feel "ready" for August 25th, including setting up my room, coming up with my classroom rules, creating a get-to-know-you sheet for the students to fill out the first day, and figure out my organizational strategy; among dozens of other things I'm sure I'm forgetting at this moment. I'm completely overwhelmed, but confident that everything will quickly fall into place over the next couple of weeks. I'll be back to update as that happens. For now, I'm going to go look at Pinterest for ideas.

No comments: